Introduction
Friends, today we will meet Dr. Mahendra Kumar Sharma, who after done adequate teaching in Mechanical Engineering branch, is now retired from the post of Professor and HOD of Mechanical Engineering IIT, ISM Dhanbad and leading a normal life. Most of Dr. Sharma's teaching career was spent in government service in Dhanbad from the year 1977 onwards and after that for many years he also served in private engineering educational institutions in Meerut as Director of the institutes.
Conversation
Question 1. Sir, did you have the idea of making a career in the field of teaching since you were young?
Answer. Yes, but after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering in the year 1964 from the Board of Technical Education I got a job in UP. Irrigation Department and Hydel Department. I joined the Irrigation Department in Uttar Pradesh, but due to unaccounted money in the working of department, my father advised me to look into other options and so I shifted to K.L. Polytechnic, Roorkee for the teaching work and remained in teaching at Polytechnic and then IIT, ISM Dhanbad throughout my life carrier.
Question 2. Sir, did you consult anyone regarding making a career in engineering field? If yes, please explain in detail.
Answer. Yes, my guide and counsellor was my father, who inspired me to leave the job from the Irrigation Department and joined K.L. Polytechnic, Roorkee to complete AMIE which was equivalent to degree in Engineering. I completed my AMIE in the year 1969 and promoted to the post of Workshop Superintendent at KL Polytechnic, Roorkee. During serving in Polytechnic I got the chance to do M.E. in Design of Processes Machines from Allahabad University through summer school organised by MNR Engineering College Allahabad. I completed my M.E. in Design of Processes Machines from Allahabad University in the year 1976 and in 1977 shifted to IIT, ISM Dhanbad, where I remained upto my retirement, i.e. in the year 2006. After that many years, I served Private Engineering College, at the post of Director of the institute.
Question 3. Sir, how did you get inclined towards mechanical engineering and how did you finalize teaching in the service sector?
Answer. I. Initially, I took admission in Diploma in Civil Engineering at S.G.S.J. Government Polytechnic, Khurja, but due to the critical job situation in the Civil branch I changed the Civil branch to Mechnical Engineering branch in Second year of Diploma, and continued in Mechnical Engineering.
II. As I was intended to increase my academic qualification, I continued in the Teaching Profession.
Question 4. Sir, Mechanical Engineering is the most popular engineering branch. Whose writing in your opinion is the best in the study material prepared for this and Why?
Answer. During my study of AMIE. I found Elect. Engg. by BL. Theraja was good, but later on I came across so many good South Indian book writers. During book writing if the author explains the subject thoroughly and from Basics then it would be a good author.
Question 5. Sir, have you ever considered preparing the text for any Mechanical Engineering paper?
Answer. Not at all, it was because I was busy most of the time in my academic responsibilities with my senior colleagues at my workplace with their complete satisfaction. Therefore, I never thought of preparing such textual material, but twenty-four of my technical papers were published in various and reputed journals in the country and abroad.
Question 6. Sir, what was your study pattern during your student life for exam preparation?
Answer. I was a second class average student in my study life, but have one motto of Geeta - 'कर्म करना आपका अधिकार है व फल देना प्रभु का।' Hence hard work with devotion was my principal. Later or sooner I got the fruits of my hard work and devotion.
Question 7. Sir, what was your most reliable medium to know and understand modern innovations during your teaching period?
Answer. Although these mediums were Internet, and YouTube. But the text material taken from these mediums was selected with utmost care after testing it with in-depth subject knowledge.
Trendsetter Features
टिप्पणियाँ
एक टिप्पणी भेजें